Could you be a COVID Information Champion?
Covid Information Champions is a programme that uses local networks to train peer educators, so they can share key messaging with friends, families and local communities. Placing these Covid Information Champions in the community could make a massive difference in helping to keep everyone safe..
How will it work?
- Every week public Health will provide key messages, that will be passed on to Communities Help Hertfordshire (CHH) and Community Development Action (CDA) Herts.
- CHH and CDA will then distribute the messaging to the chosen champions, as well as other organisations, for them to share within their networks. The latest information, national and local guidance, and advice will be passed around the community.
- The key target groups for messaging will include young families, BAME groups, rural communities, older people, disabled people, refugees and the homeless.
The information shared by Covid Information Champions could include:
- Local Test and Trace Service and NHS COVID-19 app promotion
- Tier 2 Restrictions and Tier 3 restrictions reminders
- Mental Health support available
- Regular data snapshots
- Face coverings guidance
- Festive messaging
- FAQs and myth busting
- Vaccine updates
- PPE updates
- HertsHelp and crisis intervention services available
- Self-isolations rules and restrictions